Why True Stories
True Stories is a contemporary documentary production and qualitative research company that believes in the beautiful power of authentic connection delivered through the craft of storytelling. Our world-class team passionately makes content and conducts research and strategy projects that resonate on a deep emotional level, changing perceptions and driving people to act. This is our story.
Director/ Producer: Jordan Olshansky
Directors of Photography: Dana Kupper, Andy Quinn, Ryan Buckley
Editor: Emmet Shipway
Location Sound: Tong Wai See
Animation: Yankee Peddler
Assistant Director: Ryan Buckley
PA/ DIT: Emmet Shipway
- That people need authentic human connection more than ever.
- That inspiring, real stories have a greater chance of resonating.
- That good data should always be complemented by powerful intuition.
- That being strategic and being creative are not mutually exclusive.
- That you don’t need a huge budget or a giant team to do amazing work.
- That there should be a healthy tension between grit and beauty.
- That collaboration is central to success.
- That you should get enormous value out of your project.
- That our reputation and our relationships are our most valuable assets.
- Assemble the perfect team for the job.
- Begin with strategies, hypotheses, ideas, and lots of research.
- Develop a treatment and a style that fits the objectives.
- Tirelessly search for inspiring, articulate, charismatic and representative subjects.
- Follow emotion, curiosity, tension, insight and beauty.
- Document with the utmost care and with minimal interference.
- Labor mightily over the gathered material.
- Find the thread that gives everyone goosebumps.
- Leverage the archive beyond the primary objectives.
- Overdeliver. Learn and improve. Repeat.